Tuesday 24 September 2013

[Review] Neutrogena Hydro Boost night concentrate sleeping pack



Ever since I got acne, I have been using a gel cream from this range (line) as my night moisturiser as it is light weighted, and it is an aqua base product, which means it won't cause any breakouts to my skin, as it is not a cream that is overloaded with nutrients.

So when I was in Hong Kong I have decided to purchase this sleeping pack to see if it is as good as the gel cream. Because during winter time the cold and harsh weather make my skin really dry and applying the Hydro boost gel cream is just not enough for me T^T.


Neutrogena Hydro Boost claims to:
"It is specially formulated with Neutrogena’s smart Progressive Release System, which actively seeks out dry skin cells to replenish moisture in them throughout the night. As skin cells renew at night, the Hyaluronic Acid, Olive Extract and Ionic Mineral Complex help to make the most out of the cell regeneration process, therefore boosting the skin’s renewal capacity so that you wake up to an amazingly hydrated, soft and supple skin in the morning"


Product Size:50mL
Cost: Sorry guys I can't remember how much it cost ($25.50 USD on ebay)


Direction: Before sleep, massage evenly over face and neck after moisturiser and rinse off the next morning. Recommended to be used twice a week, although also suitable for daily use.


Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Olivate, Polyacrylamide, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Synntheic Beeswac, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Benzyl Alcohol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Laureth-7, Mennitol, Carbomer, Sodium Pareth-12, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Cl 77289, Potulaca Oleracea Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magenesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Cl 42090




I really like the invention of sleeping mask it makes my life so much easier, since there are times you feel lazy and you don't feel like putting on different creams or essence or serums like one layer of sleeping mask is enough XD.

The product packaging was really well done everything was all sealed, so I know for sure that is clean not contaminated. But I kinda dislike how it is in a jar that means I have to use my fingers to dig some product out or a spatula which they did not offer one T^T.


The scent of the cream was slightly artificial and concentrated but is withstandable :)





The cream has a water base gel cream consistency slightly thicker than the gel cream moisturiser that is also in this line. The product also contain some beads, I am guessing they are hydraluronic acid beads?!?! Maybe this is what the are referring to "smart progressive release system"?!?! Well when I blended in my skin the beads kinda disappeared, it kinda felt slightly sticky, which I personally dislike but after you wait fot 5-10 minute that stickiness kinda disappear.


After blending the sleep mask out
leaving it dry for 5-10 minute
This product states that it is non- comedogenic which means it won't clog pores but for some reason after using it I got few acnes afterwards and I started getting sebums as well. I tried using this product again to test it but same thing happened again. I think I tested 5+ times but the result have not change.
But I have to admit my skin did feel very hydrated and soft after using it.


Will I repurchase this probably not since I got acnes and sebum from this product, maybe people with normal to dry skin should give it a dry because it will leave you face feeling soft and hydrated!
But people with acne prone skin and oily skin I don't think I will recommend it for you guys, but if you guys want to try it out please do so :D


Overall Rating:
Texture 4/5
Smell 3/5
Packaging 4/5

Effectiveness: 2.75/5
Hygiene 2.5/5


This product is not sponsored I purchased it with my own money

No comments:

Post a Comment