Thursday 15 May 2014

[Review] Doctorcos Amino Acid Hybrid Sheet Free Mask Advanced


The worst thing to ever do is forget your own moisturiser on your trip! So I went to Korea without my cosmetics, so I was in need of something moisturising as it was winter (snowing) in Korea. So I ended up shopping at some random discount store, and asking for some recommendation, the sales person ended up recommending me this cream.


This cream claims to:
" This new beauty technology  allows a three layer effect to ensure the skin is  provided with nutrients, skin pore tightening effects, increased elasticity, intensive moisturising and incredible hydration capibilities to give a soft, youthful, dewy glow. No need for extra serums. This all in one product does it all!"

"Alcohol Free, Ammonia Free, Cruelty Free, Fragrance Free, Silicon Free, Formaldehyde Free and Contain Minerals"


Ingredients:
Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, PEG-32, Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone Crossopolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Niacinamide, Alcohol, Cetyl PEG, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Sodium Chloride, Betaine, Raffinose, Velvet Extract, Ganoderma Lucidum Stem Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Asparagus Cochinchinensis Root Extract, Astagalus membranaceus, Ceramide 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Hydrolyzed collagen, Human Oligopeptide-1., Hydrolyzed Royal Jelly Protein, Copper Tripeptide-1

[I am not sure if this is the exact ingredient list as I found this on the net]



Directions:

  • Day Cream
  • Apply a 1-2mm layer of cream all over the face. This cream can also be used under make-up for a smoother application
  •  Makeup + Cream
  • You can also blend this cream with BB cream or foundation at a 8:2 ratio. (8 being the foundation or BB cream and 2 as the doctorcos cream)
  • Sleeping Mask
  • Massage a 2-3mm layer of the cream on the face and neck then sleep with it. Rinsing is not necessary, but if you like you can rinse it off in the morning.


Cost: 15,000 won
Size: 110 ml (but i know it comes in a tube form which is 60g)

This product is highly raved about in Asia, however I totally was not aware of this trend when I was purchasing this product.


The packaging of this product is nothing fancy just something really simple, however is not very hygienic as it is in a jar form and it did not come with a mini spatula/ spoon. On the other hand it did come  with a plastic sealing cap to prevent dust and germs :D


Sorry about the wrong order of this picture 

The texture of this cream is very lightweight and is white in colour, but it is kinda half transparent, so it doesn't look entirely white, more to a "milky" look, is really hard to describe the texture but is similar to a gel cream, or perhaps silicone primers (however this product does not contain silicone), this texture is not sticky at all and very refreshing and fast absorption.

As you are blending out the cream onto your face, it forms water droplets, this helps to lock in your moisture.

After this cream settles in your face, it creates a barrier over your skin, however that barriers is not like a film texture, so you can definitely feel safe if you are intending to apply make up after using this product.

The scent is very refreshing and mild, it smells kinda similar to a citrus scent.
(Is really hard describing the scent T.T)


I think this product is not very effective as it is not hydrating enough, especially if you live in dry environment like Australia or the harsh snowing winter in Korea. But perhaps if you live in hot humid country like Malaysia this will be a very nice product as it is not sticky. However if you work in an air conditioned environment I don't think purely relying on this cream will be sufficient. I would recommend this product to mainly people with normal skin, but for people with oily skin is worth trying in humid and hot weather. As for dry skin, I don't think I will recommend this product to you guys.

My general thoughts on this product is that  it is not very effective as  I did not see my pores minimizing, as well as other factors it claims to do such as improving skin elasticity, intense moisturising and dewy youthful glow. I kinda think this product is over raved.

Although this product is quite cheap but I don't think I will repurchase it as I did not see any effects on my skin,

Overall rating:
Texture 5/5
Smell 4/5
Packaging 3/5
Effectiveness 1/5
Hygiene 3/5

This product is not sponsored I purchased it with my own money

4 comments:

  1. I like very much the same of his reviews.
    I've read almost all!

    Thank you for your reviews, they are precious !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi can i know how the packaging look like? Cuz i just bought one which is cost me rm 60 but still im curious about the authenticity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wowww, so cheap! i purchased it at rm85 u know (╥_╥)😂

      Delete