Tuesday 1 October 2013

[Review] Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream


Hey guys don't be shock by snail cream, you guys heard it right is snail cream XD
It is a very popular trend in Korea and Asia right now, so I guess I am now following on the trend as well. Did you guys know that Snails (muslin/filtrate) are incredibly good at repairing damaged tissues and regenerating new ones?

This product claims to:
"
Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Recovery Gel Cream is a lightweight gel type cream that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Its gel like consistency allows it to penetrate deeper than traditional creams and leaves a light bare feeling. Although light in texture, this cream is highly effective, containing 74% snail slime extract. Snail slime extract promotes the production of collagen, allowing it to plump existing wrinkles and prevent new ones from forming. Use this moisturiser to create a more youthful and radiant complexion today!" 


Product Size: 45mL
Cost: $12 USD for 2 ( I bought this during a promotion on ebay :D)


Direction: After cleansing and using toner, apply an appropriate amount all over and tap lightly to help absorption. 

Ingredients: Snail secretion filtrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, Bis-peg-18 methyl ether, dimethyl silane, polysorbate2-, sodium hyaluronate, carbomer, glycosyl trehalose, hydrogenated starch hydolsyate, triethanolamine, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylyl glyocol, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium polyacrylate, centella asiatica extract, portulaca oleracea extract, camellias sinensis leaf extract, nelumbo nucifera flower extract, betula platylphylla japonica juice, tropolone, copper tripeptide-1, allantoin, panthenol, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, palmitoyl pentapeptide-4, adenosine, disodium edta - Taken from prettyandcute.com


Packaging of the product is quite adorable since it is in pink, but to be honest I am not quite fond of the color pink but his shade of pastel pink is withstand-able :D. What is really good is that it is in a tube form which means is going to be hygienic when using it!






The consistency of the product is a clear light weighted gel form, it is very easy to spread and absorb, not sticky at all! Great product to use in both summer and winter. The product is odourless since I couldn't smell any scent from it. 



after leaving it to dry for 1-2 minutes



For no apparent reason when using this at night time my face gets a bit oily when I wake up but when using it during day time is perfectly fine?!?!? But who cares about having oily face in the morning keke, whats more important is that it fades away my acne scar and wounds (sorry sometimes I get too tempted and I start picking on my acne) faster so grateful of this product T~T. After using this product my complexion also went better, it was less dull and more radiant now. 

About the wrinkle part about this product I am not so sure about it because I don't have any wrinkles just yet(^v^)v. Almost forgot to mention the key point this product didn't cause me to have any breakout~ hooray!!!

I think this product is good for all skin types.

I will definitely repurchase this product as it is cheap and effective :D, a pretty affordable price for a high school student!

Overall Rating:
Texture 4/5
Smell 3/5
Packaging 3.5/5

Effectiveness: 4/5
Hygiene 4/5


Updated:
Ok after using this product for weeks and weeks I realise its not as effective when I first started using it. Like I just didn't see any changes on my face at all. T^T I moved back to my old favourite PXE Anti- Acne Trace-free repairing serum (which I will do a review for it in the future)
So I will definitely not repurchase this product just because it is cheap!

My rating for it effectiveness is:
Effectiveness: 1.5/5


This product is not sponsored I purchased it with my own money



No comments:

Post a Comment