Tuesday 15 October 2013

[Review] Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream





Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream claims to:
A non–oily, quickly absorbed hydrator that visibly reduces the appearance of oil and leaves skin looking and feeling more balanced.
  • Visibly reduce excess oil on skin’s surface
  • Re-balances skin barrier for a smoother, fresher appearance
  • Contains Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Antarcticine, and Cucumber Fruit Extract
  • Oil–free, paraben–free, fragrance–free, colorant–free

Product Size: 50 mL

Cost: $26.50 USD

Ingredients: aqua / water, glycerin, alcohol denat., propanodiol, glycereth-26, isononyl isononanoate, ammonium polyacryldimethyltauramide / ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, imperata cylindrica root extract, phenoxyethanol, sodium benzoate, propylene glycol, potassium sorbate, sodium hyaluronate, pseudoaltteromonas ferment extract, citric acid, caprylyl glycol, carbomer, biosaccharide gum-i, panthenol, cucumis sativus juice / cucumber fruit extract, acrylates /c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer

Direction: Apply to cleansed and toned facial skin day and night

The first time I ever used this product was after I tried their blue herbal line, this product was given by my cousin because she didn't think this was hydrating enough for her since she has relatively dry skin. My skin is rather oily and acne prone, so I always look out for gel cream type of product. This jar is my second jar of this product you can tell from the picture above that I almost ran out of it. I would love to repurchase it again but it is a bit too expensive for a student, so I only use it once in a while, (mostly use it in winter). I swear this product is awesome, you know when your skin gets too dry from acne cream or the weather and you get fine crack/ dry skin, after applying this cream and wake up next morning the fine line immediately disappear, so awesome~!

Is sad knowing that alcohol is the third main content in this product,but strangely this product is even more hydrating than the Mizon Acence Blemish Control Soothing Gel Cream which I have previously reviewed Neutrogena hydro boost water gel. This product is definitely one of the most hydrating gel cream I have used!

Talking about the packaging, this product is not as good as the korean products. Because this product does not have a plastic film that seals and it does not provide a spatula, which means I have to dip my finger into the jar of cream ==". But to be honest the spatula did not work very well in the gel cream because the gel cream is really light weighted and runny.

When you applied it onto your skin it is very easy to blend it out and all over your face, the product is also super duper light weighted, and it gets absorb into my skin really quickly. However there is a very natural herb like scent to it. I am certain that the cream does not have artificial fragrant but is hard to describe what it smells like, it just smell so original and raw is that even the right way to describe creams?!?!!? haha





after applying it for 1 minute

Will I repurchase this product?  Until I can find a cheaper product that works just as great as this one then I will consider not repurchase it. But NOW Of course I will repurchase it! But I will only purchase it once in a while since is kinda pricey, but this product is awesome because it is non comedogenic so that means it won't clog my pores (reduce my chance of getting acne). I would say this is my holy grail during winter time haha. I will recommend this to people who have acne prone, oily and normal skin. For people with dry skin, I think you need something more hydrating than this :D

Overall rating:
Texture 4/5
Smell 3.5/5
Packaging 3/5 

Effectiveness 4/5
Hygiene 2.5/5


This product is not sponsored I purchased it with my own money





1 comment:

  1. I'm doing some research on Gel based product because I have been living with acne for a very long time with dry sky. Normal acne produces, especially with tea tree oil stuff, make it worse. I am trying gel base product for the first time and I am thinking between this Kiehls and the Neutrogena gel. I can get the Neutrogena one at almost 1/2 the price here.
    Since you used both, could you give me a suggestion?

    ReplyDelete