Tuesday 27 August 2013

[Review] Etude House Skin Malgem: Smoother


Another product from Korea, this is another product I purchase from Etude House because it was endorse by SHINee haha XD *jokes*

It cost : approx. 12 USD (12,000 won)
Product Size: 250mL


Well that was not my main reason though, I was really sick (I was on the verge of fainting) the day we went shopping around the cosmetic stores so I just kinda grab this toner off the shelf because the advertisement for this product was really good and also I did some research on this products and there were a lot of good reviews. (Some people claim that this is a dupe of SK-II, to be honest I am not pretty sure if it is one since I have never tried SK-II myself) 

So I ended up purchasing this product, since I was in need of a toner :D.

Etude House Skin Malgem: Smoother claims to:


  •  Keeping your skin clean and smooth while having a smooth skin as the fruit acid in this product exfoliates your skin
  • Removes residual build up and tightens pores to prevent acne and pimples

Malgem is a korean word for clean-ness, clarity and pureness. Skin Malgeum hypoallergenic toners promote clean, clear and pure complexion with moisturizing and pore cleansing formulas. 

Direction: Dispense solution onto toner pad and use pad to wipe all areas of face and neck.

Caution:For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use it signs of irritation and/or rash appear.

Ingredients:
credit: Lynn Greyrose's blog

I really like this product it come ins a really fancy packaging and the product was sealed too! Which was good so I know is new for sure XD.

Typical toner/ watery consistency

It was really easy to get the product onto a cotton pad to apply it on my face. (Some products take so long to pour out the product or either too much of the products come out ==")
When I applied it on my face the scent of the product was not overwhelming, it was rather nice and fresh. It makes my face feel clean and fresh!
After patting it onto my skin
After leaving it dry for 1-2 minutes
I must say this is a really good toner to switch to after using the kiehl's blue herbal toner for a while (kiehl's one was starting to get really dry on my face T^T). I think this is a good option to change to during winter months and when your skin no longer suffer from really bad breakouts, this product does not dry out your face and it does what it claims to do leaving my skin complexion "smooth and clean". But  for the tightening pore part I don't know if it actually did that I mean it wasn't extremely obvious that my pores reduce in size but I think it did actually reduce by a little. Maybe the tightening effect will be seen if I tried leaving it on as a mask or put it on a cotton pad for 30 minutes!
There is actually various ways of using this product, which is one of the main reason why I purchased it! You can:
  • Apply it as a Toner
  • Soak the product onto a cotton pad and leave on your face for 30 minutes
  • Or purchase mask sheet set from the malgem line and pour 15mL of the product onto the mask sheet and then you can just put it on your face
  • Or spray it as a mist
I just love how much you can do with one single product! :D

This product is lasting very long I started using it since last year and I am only around half way through the product right now!

I will definitely repurchase this product! And people who so suffer from Acne or oily skin I definitely recommend you to buy it!

Overall rating:

Texture 5/5
Smell 4/5
Packaging 4/5
Effectiveness: 3.5/5
Hygiene 4/5


Other products in the malgem line:
1. Fresh (Oil Control – For Oily Skin) 


  •  Controls excess sebum while providing enough moisture to keep the skin matte. 
  • Cleansing and astringent toner removes residual buildup and tightens pores without overdrying to prevent sebum secretion. 


 2. Smoother (Exfoliation – For Trouble Prone) 

  •  Fruit acids in green grape, exfoliate keratin on a skin clearly for keeping smooth and soft skin.
  • Cleansing and astringent toner removes residual buildup and tightens pores to prevent acne and pimples. 2nd Type: Freshener 


 3. Moist (Moisture Care – For Dry Skin) 

  •  Includes Hyaluronic acid keep skin moist and promote skin’s own moisture. 
  • Moist freshener tonic removes residual buildup and replenishes moisture to promote softness and comfort. Applicable as moisturizer. 


 4. Deep Moist (Moisture Retention – For Dry and Sensitive Skin) 

  •  Highly nutrient skin to provide the skin with sufficient nutrients. 
  •  Moist freshener tonic removes residual buildup and penetrates deep within layers to soothe and protect skin. Applicable as moisturizer. 


 5. Essential (Oil and Moisture Balance – For Combination Skin) 

  •  Give a moisture barrier to a skin by the cream being smoothly absorbed. 
  • Freshener tonic removes residual buildup and maintains oil/moisture balance for comfort and uniform pore expression. 


 6. Emulsion (All in one Moisturizer + Essence + Cream)



This product is not sponsored I purchased it with my own money

6 comments:

  1. Awesome review gurl!
    Very detail!
    Great there is ingredient list on this blog!
    Keep up the awesome job!
    Guys are allow in this blog right? Hurhur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice 2 meet u here~ Im very grateful for ur comment (1st person to comment here).Ty so much <3

      Delete
    2. Forgot 2 say ofc guys are allow on this site!

      Delete
  2. Hi there!

    I was just wondering if you knew any info on how to tell the REAL Etude Mal:Gem from the fake. I recently purchased some, and I'm not 100% sure if it's real!

    If so, thank you and if not, thank you anyway.

    Love the blog, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi i am really sorry for the late reply :(
      to be honest i am not really sure myself, but they one i bought in korea, when i open the lid (the hole where the product comes out) it was sealed... like there was a silver thing that you had to peel off, and also my one came in a box :D
      Hopefully this will help you, I am really sorry if it doesn't.

      Delete
  3. Your web blog is very informative and usful thanks for your valuable information, it needs to every type of skins.
    i wish you very good luck to your future web blogs La Roche Posay India, buy la roche posay online india,la roche posay india online,la roche posay online india & Sun Protection

    Visit : http://www.laroche-posay.co.in/

    ReplyDelete